Tuesday 7 July 2015

One Journey

I have been participating in a "5-day poetry challenge" on Facebook, where a nominee posts a daily poem (original or a favourite by someone else). For one of the days I wrote the following poem - not because I was thinking of rain so much; more because I was playing about with alliteration and one particular phrase set me off.

One Journey

Sky-sourced silver slivers sent splish-splashing,
streaming past the shingles, cross the flashing,
surging, gurgling along the gutter,
descending drainpipes with a splutter,
dropping down drains to discharge through a
secretive subterranean sewer,
through swirling, whirling watercourses,
into the sea, ‘neath wild white horses,
to join the tides, to travel to the land,
sinusoidal shifting through the sand.
One journey out of many more,
from sky to stream to sea to shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment