Tuesday 22 September 2020

Parody: Riders on the Storm

From time to time I enjoy attempting parodies of well known songs. Sometimes this can be promoted by a misspoken lyric.

One that came unbidden a couple of days ago was the Doors' "Riders on the Storm"...

RIDING UP MY BUM
Riding up me bum
Riding up me bum
Undies are creeping on
Until they're almost gone
Like a mole into a hole
It crawls into our soul
Riding up me bum.

It is killin' all my hope
The pain - it's gettin' hard to cope
Take a wrong step and pay,
Future children? Nay.
If the situation rides
They'll be lost in my insides
Killin' all my hope, yeah

Well, you gotta take a stand
Well, you gotta take a stand
Take yourself in hand
Somewhere under-manned
Don't care if it offends
Extract if from your end
Gotta take a stand, yeah

Repeat verse 1

Riding up me bum (until fade)

No comments:

Post a Comment